In need of an appointment, outside of GP opening hours?
The HMR (Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale) seven day access service, in partnership with BARDOC, went live in early December 2015 allowing patients to have access to evening, weekend and bank holiday appointments.
The service gives patients more flexibility in where, when and how they use local health services. It helps those who struggle to get to the doctors during the week, because of work and family commitments.
While patients may not get to see their own doctor during these hours, the GP or nurse they do see will have access to the patient’s medical record, subject to their consent.
If you have any questions about the service, please contact a member of the team here.
Appointments are available at the following times:
- 6.30pm - 9pm weekdays
- 8am - 6pm Saturdays and bank holidays
- 10am - 1pm Sundays
For appointments please phone 0161 763 8292. Appointments are available at hubs across the borough currently at:
This service can be accessed at the following locations in Rochdale:
- Littleborough Health Centre, Featherstall Road, Littleborough, OL15 8HF
- Rochdale Infirmary, Whitehall Street, Rochdale, OL12 0NB
- Phoenix Centre, Church Street, Heywood, OL10 1LR
- Middleton Health Centre, Middleton Way, Manchester, M24 4EL
All CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12
PAEDIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONERS APPOINTMENTS
Parents/Carers are now able to refer direct in to the Paediatric Nurse Practitioner Clinics, via the Single Point of Access, if the child/young person meets the referral criteria, they are invited to ring 01706 676777 to book a same day clinic appointment (subject to availability). The Single Point of Access is operational from Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturday 8am to 2pm.
Children/Young People under 19 years old who live within the borough of Rochdale (HMR) - Referral Criteria:
- Exacerbation of Asthma
- Coughs and colds
- Sore throats
- High Temperature
- Ear ache
- Loose Stools
- Abdominal Pain
- Generally unwell
General GP appointments
All routine general medical conditions including:
- Sore throat
- Rashes, Impetigo and other skin conditions
- Ear infections
- Headaches, migraines and sinus problems
- Urine infections
- Mouth Ulcers
- Viral infections
- Chest infections / coughs
- Mild exacerbations of asthma
- Sexual advice, including contraception
- Diabetes problems
- Lumps and bumps concerns
- Mental health issues
- Repeat prescriptions
Long term condition management following recent blood tests e.g.
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Heart disease
- Thyriod issues
- Mental Health (Physical review)
- Asthma / COPD reviews (no blood tests required)
- Blood Pressure checks (Saturday's only between 10am-1pm)
- Child immunisations
Female internal swabs