To book an urgent appointment please:
- Phone us on 01706 646234, Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6.30pm
- Visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist, Monday to Friday, between 7.30am and 6.30pm.
These appointments are for when you need to see a doctor urgently and waiting for a routine appointment would significantly worsen your condition.
Please note we have only a limited number of urgent appointments and these are usually booked up very quickly. Please call us at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
To request a routine appointment in the next 14 days:
- Book an appointment 24 hours a day online via Patient Access.
- Use an online form to request an appointment. We will respond within 48 hours when we are open. We are open Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 6.00pm.
- The 24 hour automated booking line on 01706 335 434.
- Visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist during our opening hours.
These are non urgent and general review appointments. These can be booked up to 6 weeks in advance. You are also able to choose the doctor you would like to see or the Advanced Practitioner, but please bare in mind that if a doctor is fully booked up, we may offer you an alternative doctor. You can book these appointments online by clicking on the image at the top of this page or by calling the surgery on 01706 646234. Alternatively you can book a routine appointment face to face at the reception desk.
If you only need to speak to a clinician and not physically see one, this type appointment could be your best option. Click on the link at the top of this page to book your telephone consultation online. Alternatively call the surgery and we can arrange for a doctor to call you back. These appointments are limited so please arrange these as early as you can in the morning to avoid disappointment. Please note we are unable to give a specific time for this type of appointment.
If you are unable to attend the surgery, specifically due to illness or disability, we do offer appointments in your own home. A specific time cannot be given but the doctor will call prior to attending.
If possible please try to telephone reception before 10.00am if you require a home visit. If you ring after 12.00 for a home visit this will be passed to BARDOC the out of hours service.
A doctor or nurse may phone you back as it may be that your problem can be dealt with by telephone advice, or that it would be more appropriate to send a nurse, or indeed arrange a hospital attendance.
Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time that it takes to make one home visit. There are also better facilities for examining and treating patients at the Practice.
We are a group practice and cannot always guarantee that the doctor of your choice is the one who visits you.
Contact Us Online
If you have a routine medical or admin query you can also contact us online using this form. This is an online service where you will be asked a few questions. This will be reviewed by our team and we will get back to you within 72 hours.
Cancelling or changing an appointment
If you can't keep an appointment please cancel it as soon as possible. Below are the ways in which you can cancel your appointment:
- Reply CANCEL to your reminder text message
- Use the NHS app
- Phone the surgery on 01706 646234
If you need help when we are closed
Click here for information about out-of-hours arrangements and other local services available.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- If there’s a specific doctor, nurse or other health professional you would prefer to respond
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face, by video call or by text or email
- If you need an interpreter
- If you have any other access or communication needs
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
We routinely send these text messages to you when you register with us. If you do not wish to receive these messages please contact us online via Patchs and we will update your preferences.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
Evenings and Weekend Routine Appointments
We now have GP Enhanced Access Appointments available at the following times:
- 18:30 – 20:00 weekdays
- 09:00 – 17:00 Saturdays and Bank Holidays
For appointments please phone the surgery on 01706 646 234. Appointments are currently at:
- Pennine Surgery, Littleborough Health Centre, Featherstall Road, Littleborough, OL15 8HF